Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Tracy Flavored DIY: How To Make An Easy Garland From A Tissue Box


As you know, I'm prepping for Open Studios in a couple of weeks. I've been mind mapping how I'm going to design my booth and one of the things I've been thinking a lot about is garlands. An empty tissue box bubbled up this morning, so it turned out to be the perfect time to do my garland project. As I began my little craft project, it occurred to me that I should turn this into a full-on craft tutorial. Notice the one hole punch in the box below? That was done seconds before my decision to turn the project into a tutorial. Enjoy! 

MATERIALS

. tissue box
. paper puncher
. hole puncher
. scissors
. string, yarn or jute

INSTRUCTIONS
- Cut the box along all of it's creases.


- Using your paper puncher, carefully punch out as many rounds as your box will allow.


If you want to make a longer garland, you can use other types of paper and mix them in with the tissue box rounds.


- Grab your hole  puncher and punch holes in each round.


- This last part calls for a bit of patience, so if you do not have the patience of "Job", run for the nearest exit. Okay, so get your string that you've cut out to your desired length (I'd suggest adding a few more inches to your desired length before you cut the string because tying knots around each round takes off some of the length). Tie your string through each round and tie in a knot. That's it!


Okay, gotta run. I've got more rounds to string up. I love recycling/upcycling! Wooooooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment